Ms. Kati Joyner is a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who is passionate about helping individuals rebuild healthy relationships with food and exercise through proper nutrition education and nutrition therapy. Using a non-diet approach, she creates a space where individuals can feel free of judgment and are able to explore how their eating habits contribute to their overall health and wellness. Ms. Joyner is a great motivator and adapts her approach to diverse personalities and backgrounds to ensure she is best supporting each person in meeting their nutritional goals. If appropriate she offers creative services such as grocery store tours, food exposures, and restaurant outings.
Ms. Joyner's experience includes working with adults, adolescents, children, and families at various levels of care including Inpatient, Residential, Partial Hospitalization (PHP), Intensive Outpatient (IOP), and Outpatient. She began her career in 2009 working at The Renfrew Center in Charlotte, NC. Ms. Joyner and her husband moved to Raleigh, NC in 2013 where she was employed as a Clinical Dietitian at Veritas Collaborative. In 2016, Ms. Joyner and her husband decided to move to Wilmington, NC due to their love for the beach. Ms. Joyner has experience with various therapy techniques and incorporates them into her nutrition sessions. These techniques include: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Family Based Treatment.
Nutrition Services include, but are not limited to:
- Eating Disorders (Anorexia, Bulimia, Binge Eating, Compulsive Over eating, OSFED, ARFID)
- Disordered Eating
- Other Feeding Issues
- Non-Diet Weight Management
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Food Allergies
- Digestive Problems
- Infertility Issues
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Fitness/Exercise Science with a minor in Women’s Studies from UNC-Charlotte
- Master’s Degree in Foods & Nutrition from Appalachian State University
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) credentialed by Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist (LDN) in North Carolina
- Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian (CEDRD) through the International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (IADEP)
- Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian Supervisor for individuals seeking CEDRD certification
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (A&D)
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals (IADEP)
- International Federation of Eating Disorder Dietitians (IFEDD).